Distance: Marathon and Honorary March (26 & 14.2 miles)
Location: White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Date: March 17 – 19, 2023
FilVetREP’s participation in the annual Bataan Memorial Death March has created greater awareness about the service and sacrifice of Filipino World War II veterans. Until FilVetREP’s presence in 2017, many of the more than 10,000 marchers didn’t even know that Bataan is in the Philippines and 9,000 Filipinos died in that historic march. We invite families and friends, community leaders and supporters to experience this world-wide event and honor our veterans who endured the Bataan Death March.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- March 17, Friday: Arrivals & Registration at the Las Cruces Convention Center, 680 E University Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88001. FilVetREP will have an information/ display booth at the Center.
- March 18, Saturday, 10:00am – 12noon: Education Program and Congressional Gold Medal Awards Ceremony, Las Cruces Convention Center. Health and safety briefing for participants.
- March 17, Sunday, 6:00 am – 5:00 pm – BMDM 26-mile marathon and 14.2 mile Honorary March at the White Sands Missile Range (20 miles from Las Cruces). FilVetREP will have a tent at the Finish Line, which will serve as command center and comfort/safety aid station.
Registration is now open. Visit: bataanmarch.com/register. For march participants, you may register for either the 26 miles or 14.2 miles. Fee is the same. The next deadline is Feb. 12 ($110 registration fee) and final deadline is March 6 ($125 registration fee). Volunteers who don’t plan to run or march don’t have to register.
FilVetREP participants and volunteers will be staying at the Springhill Suites in Las Cruces. Address: 1611 Hickory Loop, Las Cruces, NM 88005. Phone: (575) 541-8887. FilVetREP has booked 15 rooms. Here is the link to reserve your rooms.
- Dates: March 17 to March 20, 2023
- Number of Rooms: 15
- Room Type: Mix of King & Double Bed Suite
- Rate: $169.00 per night
Rates are exclusive of taxes (Currently 13.3125%) with a citywide surcharge of $2.50 per room per night. All Suites feature separate living, working, and bedroom layouts with a mini-fridge, microwave, and wet bar.
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast
- 24-hour fitness facility
- Business Center and Wi-Fi
- Function Space for get-togethers
- Outdoor pool & hot tub
- 24-hour market place
Book your flights to and from El Paso Airport, which is 42 miles to Springhill Suites in Las Cruces.
Please fill out the BMDM Attendance Excel Sheet below. For car pooling purposes, please indicate if renting or bringing own vehicle.
For further info or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.361.0296
The Filipino Veterans Recognition and Education Project (FilVetREP), is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, community-based, all-volunteer national initiative whose mission is to obtain national recognition of Filipino and American WW11 soldiers across the United States and the Philippines for their wartime service to the U.S. and the Philippines from July 26, 1941 to December 31, 1946. For more information about Filipino WWII veterans and how to get involved, visit our website at www.filvetrep.org or find us on Facebook or Twitter.