Submission and Approval of Applications
All applicants – living veterans and Next of Kin must completely fill out the CGM application form and provide supporting documents to provide proof of wartime service from July 26, 1941 to Dec 31, 1946. The surviving relative(s) of deceased Veterans – spouse, or surviving child, or closest relative, must also provide proof of relations to the deceased Veteran.
- Living Veterans and Next of Kin residing in the 50 states can submit completed applications with supporting documents thru their respective regions for staffing approval at any time.
- Living Veterans and Next of Kin residing in the 4 territories – Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands, and from international countries can submit their applications and supporting documents directly to Region 2
If Region Directors cannot make a decision at their level, they will forward the applications for further review and approval at the FILVETREP National Office.
Regarding Submissions and Approval of Applications for Scheduled CGM Award Events
- New applications with supporting documents must be completed and submitted to the respective Region conducting a scheduled CGM Award Event not later that 45 days prior to the CGM Award event. Extension can be provided at the Region Director’s purview.
- All applications must be completed and approved not later than 15 days prior to the scheduled event or risk having a Living Veteran or Next of Kin not included in the ceremony.
- DD 214
- enlistment records
- award certificates
- affidavits of service from National Personnel Records Center or Philippine Veterans Affairs of Office
- authenticated documents reflecting service in the Philippines with the U.S. Army Force in the Far East (USAFFE), or a member of the US Marine Corps, US Navy, US Coast Guard, Recognized Guerrillas Forces during the period of July 26, 1941 to Dec 31, 1946, or from July 26, 1941 and beyond Dec 31, 1946 showing extended service and up to retirement from US military service, or at any time before July 1941 and up to Dec 1946.
- photo burial headstone
- newspaper articles
- forged documents
- unreadable service records and documents
- service records not reflecting wartime service of July 26, 1941 to Dec 31, 1946
Instructions for the Application
- Please Download the Filipino WWII Congressional Gold Medal Application by clicking the icons below.
- Completely fill out the Application
- Look on the page 2 and 3 to find the VETERANS (or Surviving NEXT of KIN) Regional Director Representative (Each Regional Director are broken out by US State and Us Territories). Please email directly to your Regional Director with attachment of the signed Application form.
- Once the Region Director receives your Application they will contact you and follow up to CERTIFY your documentation and/or eligibility (For more information, visit “Eligibility” tab (www.filvetrep.org/congressional-gold-medal/eligibility). Never give any of your ORIGINAL Documents.
Please note: The process of ordering/requesting records may take some time.
Updated July 2023